GERRY CHAPLESKI

chapleski@earthlink.net | gerrychapleski.com

Artist Statement: The search for beauty -– real, classic, human, imagined and perceived. Color -- the blending, blurring, mixing and total amazingness of it. For years I pushed around pixels. Now Im essentially pushing around liquid plastic. Realism bordering on abstraction. The preponderance of nudes throughout the history of art. In my portraits, the light of God in the face of humanity. After spending 90% of the time carefully rendering a face, spending the other 10% basically obliterating it. But sometimes, a completely new persona emerges. Finally, hopefully, paying some sort of irreverent tribute to all of the great painters, craftsmen and thinkers from the past who came up with all the great ideas first. So I guess my paintings are about Life, Light, Color, Humanity, Sex, Love, Beauty, God.

Gerry Chapleski Apollo | 19 x 27.5 | Oil on canvas
Gerry Chapleski Goddess-Number-3 | 19 x 21 | Oil on canvas
Gerry Chapleski Madonna-Of-Africa-Number-3 | 19 x 21 | Oil on canvas
Gerry Chapleski Mona-Lisa-Closeup | 20 x 19 | Oil on canvas
Gerry Chapleski Mona-Lisa | 19 x 24 | Oil on canvas